Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week 12: All About Me

So anyone that knows anything about me, knows I LOVE and NEED organization in my life!  I love when things are put in their proper place, evenly spaced, and forward facing!  I want to open the fridge and know what I have in there!  We don't have a lot of storage space so we try to keep things minimal.  If we are only going to use it once or twice a year, we really don't need it!

And yes, the closets are organized by season and color.  Long sleeves on the top row, left to right in the following color order:  red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black, brown, and white.  Short sleeves on the bottom row in the same fashion.

I don't like chaos and the problems that chaos brings with it.  Now I'm not a super freak about it, but for me I feel like if my house is in order, it's easier to keep the rest of the things in my life in order too, like relationships, my marriage, being a mom, etc.  It's not easy to get organized, but once I did, it makes keeping it much easier and things run much more smoothly around here.  I'll postpone a little laundry to play outside with the kids, or if I know that it's going to be nice, I'll get it done ahead of time.

It has taught the kids how to take care of their things; our games and puzzles have their pieces, and believe it or not, the only reason why we might be missing a piece here or there is because the dog really did eat it!  Being organized has allowed up to spend more time together as a family and that time is very enjoyable.

*Sidenote:  We find our kids don't ask for a lot of those impulse buys because they don't want the responsibility of constantly having to put things away.  We get a sense for the things they really want and will take care of when they ask more than once.  It makes me feel proud of my kids when their teachers give them added responsibility because they know they can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment