Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 4: Day 24, Tuesday



  • 6:30am:  Alarm goes off and instead of getting up right away, I curl up to Jay and snuggle.  My upper back and traps SUPER sore from the 2 workouts yesterday!
  • 7:00am:  Maison waves to me and heads out to the kitchen to for breakfast.  I roll my lazy, sore, self out of bed and head to the kitchen too.
  • 7:15am:  Libby out of bed and in the kitchen for breakfast.  I check the school lunch menu because I am really not feeling like making lunches this morning.  I talk Libby into the alternate, which is a state fair corn dog; and Maison into regular, which is a hamburger!  YES!
  • 7:20am:  Coffee made, which I NEED this morning.
  • 7:30am:  Kids brushing teeth while I'm in our closet sorting laundry.  Man, where did all these clothes come from?  The littlest one doesn't wear any, and Jason wears the same jeans all week!
  • 7:45am:  Beds made, rooms tidied, and everyone is getting their things ready for school.  (This all done during an encore presentation of the impromptu dance party last night, which included the hit "Funky Town".)
  • 8:00am:  Maison goes out to start Jason's car.  Man I love the winter, because I get to spend some extra time with Jason and his help makes me feel so much better!
  • 8:02am:  Jason was exercising his manliness this morning by instructing me to be at his office ready to go to Cedar Rapids by 9:30am.  (I like when he wears his big boy pants!)
  • 8:05am:  Hugs given to all and kids out the door!  Izzy is sad because she had her tank top on, her undies, red socks, and snowboots and was ready to go too!
  • 8:10am:  I head downstairs to work on yesterday's photo and to finish up the final touches on the blog entry.
  • 8:45am:  Mad dash upstairs to clean up, get Squizzy dressed, and the poochies in their kennel.
  • 9:15am:  Out the door and heading to the shop.
  • 9:30am:  I am waiting outside promptly at 9:30am!  I actually made it!
  • 10:00am:  Arrive a Denver Mattress to check out bunk beds for the girls.  I can't take Izzy sneaking into our room any more!  She is still in her crib, minus the railing, but is obviously too big for it!
  • 10:45am:  Leave Denver Mattress empty handed and zip over to Menards.  Izzy and I wait in the van.
  • 11:00am:  Head to Slumberland.  We actually find what we are looking for at a reasonable price, buy it, and head back to the shop.
  • 11:30am:  Pit stop and McDonalds cause sissy wants chicken and fries.  I breakdown and get an eggnog shake and fries for myself, and a number 2 for Jason.
  • 11:45am:  Arrive back at Country, drop Jason off and head home.
  • 12:00pm:  Come home and get laundry started!  This is going to take forever!
  • 12:15pm:  Look through photos and begin blog entry for today.  Trying to figure out how to best document today.
  • 1:00pm:  Sissy needs "Nacks".  So I make her a bowl of yellow and red tomatoes with some cut up mozzarella.
  • 1:15pm:  Clean up kitchen and living room.  Change loads of laundry.  Go through fridge and purge rotten stuff.  Get garbage loaded up and into the can.  Think about bills, but just don't want to do it!
  • 2:00pm:  Snuggle with Sissy.  I think she is coming down with her first cold so far this season.  She is clingy today, but I don't mind!  Pretty soon she won't want to cling and I will be alone :(
  • 2:50pm:  Realize I am late to pick up the kids, don't bother dressing her and jump into the van.
  • 3:00pm:  Pull up to school and receive "the look" from the kids.  Realize that Libby has forgotten her snow stuff in the gym and send her and Maison back in to get it.
  • 3:05pm:  Head home.
  • 3:15pm:  Arrive home only to realize Maison forgot his viola at school.  So we go back and get it.
  • 3:20pm:  Arrive back at school.  Park illegally in the fire lane.  I run in to grab the viola and stop in the office to inquire about a sweatshirt order we didn't receive.
  • 3:35pm:  Arrive home and get everyone a snack.  Begin homework.  Switch loads, and clean up from the tornado that walks in the house everyday after school.
  • 4:15pm:  Send the kids outside for some fresh air.  Switch loads.  Begin dinner prep.  Call Jason because I miss him today.  (It must have been the early morning cuddling)
  • 5:00pm:  Jason and I enjoy a nice quiet dinner while the kids play outside.
  • 5:20pm:  Kids inside and dinner fixed for them.
  • 5:45pm:  Clean up kitchen, kids finishing up homework, Maison practicing his viola.
  • 6:15pm:  Everyone in their comfy clothes.  Watch a couple of recorded episodes of American Idol.
  • 8:30pm:  Everyone in bed relaxing.  Jason and I watch Hidden City.
  • 9:00pm:  Everyone hopefully sleeping soon.
  • 11:00pm:  Awoke by one of the poochies whining and banging on the kennel.  Let them out.  Put them back in their kennel.
  • 11:18pm:  Laughing because one of the dogs has some serious noisey gas!  3 LOUD toots were let!  Hoping to fall asleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment