Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 4: Day 27, Friday

Day 27:  Bunkbeds

  • 6:30am:  Alarm goes off, and for once this week I feel like I am ready to get up and go!  Jason up out of bed and heads to the gym.  I get myself dressed for the gym, get coffee brewing, make the bed, let the poochies out, and feed the poochies breakfast.
  • 7:00am:  The Allen kids are up and out of bed.  Breakfast made, and the kids decide they want hot lunch AGAIN this week.  This must be a new record!  Libby is very adamant about trying the crispy fish sandwich, because "it looks so delicious."  (I think it's a safe bet we all know how that's going to turn out, but I praise her for trying something new.)
  • 7:25am:  Jason home from the gym, I have my mug full of coffee, and the poochies on their leashes. 
  • 7:30am:  I am heading out the door to take the poochies to the vet and leave Jason to manage getting everyone ready for school and dropped off.
  • 8:00am:  Arrive at the vet's office.  Eating disorder Danni out-weighs Gretta by a full pound!  It's crazy how one pound on a small dog can visibly look so different!  Both dogs get 3 shots and 80 some dollars later, I am out the door heading home.
  • 8:20am:  I call Jason and ask if he got everyone where they needed.  I was a little disappointed that he didn't have to use the old "tuck and roll" method when dropping the kids off at school!  We agree to meet at the house so I can drop the dogs off, switch cars with him, grab my gym stuff and then we can head our separate ways.
  • 8:35am:  Arrive home.  Refill my coffee, grab my gym stuff, give Jason a smoochie, jump in the van and head to the gym.
  • 8:45am:  Check in at the gym, drop Izzy off at the daycare, and head upstairs to get my "GirlFit" on.
  • 9:00am:  My workout ladies are all ready, however we end up waiting for the intern who has our workout for about 15 to 20min.  She is a no show, so we move to plan B.
  • 9:25am:  WOD 4 Rounds for Time
    • 400 meter run
    • 30 walking lunges
    • 20 kettlebell swings
    • 10 wall balls or squats
    • 5 burpees
  • 10:05am:  Stretch and kick myself for letting my abs go on my last few wall balls.  Nothing like catching a 20lb ball with your back arched!  That is so going to hurt later!
  • 10:20am:  Zumba Deb talks me into a little spin on the bike!
  • 10:30am:  Jess comes up and saves me from the bike because Izzy is ready to go home!
  • 10:45am:  Heading home.
  • 11:00am:  Arrive home, grab a quick lunch with Izzy and get myself into the shower.
  • 11:45am:  Put Izzy's clothes back on and head over to my Mom and Dad's house to borrow the truck to go get the new bunkbeds for the girls!
  • 12:00pm:  Arrive at Grama & Papa's.  Papa feeds Izzy an orange, banana, and some jello.
  • 1:20pm:  We leave Grama & Papa's and head out to the shop to pick up Jason.
  • 1:35pm:  Arrive at the shop and Jason is not ready to leave.  I watch the guys work on their display.
  • 2:00pm:  Jason decides to take the truck up to Cedar Rapids to get the beds with Izzy because she fell asleep and I decide to head to Fareway and pick up a few things for dinner since I never made it to the store today.  My back is definitely NOT good!
  • 2:40pm:  I head over to school to pick the kids up.  It is really snowing now!
  • 3:00pm:  The kids hop into the car and we head home.  I put the groceries away and climb up into bed, hoping my back will feel better.  It has NEVER hurt like this before.  I think I could possible cry.
  • 3:20pm:  Jason home with the beds and excitement fills the house.  I haven't seen 3 kids more helpful in a long time.  I try to get up and look like I'm helping, but I don't really think I'm fooling anyone!
  • 4:00pm:  I start getting ready for my ladies meeting.  I straightened my hair and change my clothes a half dozen times before I finally decide on something.
  • 5:20pm:  Jason has enough help to get those beds finished without me!  They are almost already done!  Izzy is officially reading the instructions to Jason, Libby is reading a book to everyone while they work, and Maison is putting together anything he can get his hands on whether or not they actually go together!
  • 6:00pm:  Arrive at Outback and enjoy a nice quiet dinner with my 5 lady friends.  It is SO nice to be around adult conversation.
  • 8:00pm:  It is snowing again and I make my way to Jason's car.  I'm really thinking I might die or my spine is going to shoot out my backside at any moment!  HOLY COW!
  • 8:30pm:  I am home, hobbling to the bedroom, trying to take my clothes off with out bending my back and get my jammies on.
  • 8:35pm:  I go to check on the kids, because no one has come to greet me since I have been home.  They have a fort all built on the bunkbeds and are having a GREAT time!  All 3 kids plan on sleeping in there together.   Usually Izzy sleeps alone in their room, and Libby sleeps on the floor in Maison's room.  It's awesome to see the girls excited to be in a room together.
  • 9:00pm:  I attempt to slide into bed without crying.  I get in a position that seems doable and wipe away the tears.
  • 9:05pm:  Izzy comes in to tell us that she "hurted her foot".  Jason gives it a kiss and we send her on her way.
  • 9:15pm:  Izzy comes in to let us know that Maison "hurted her toe".  Jason gives it a kiss and makes the announcement that everyone needs to stay in bed or they have to go to their own room...which the girls are already in their rooms and so really Maison would be the only one that would have to move and he is the only one that is trying to sleep.  I am praying Jason's threat works because it really doesn't make much sense.
  • 9:30pm:  No one comes back into our room, so I think it worked.  I finally fall asleep.
  • 1:10am:  The dogs whining because they want out.  I can't move, so I wake up Jason and he lets them out.
  • 4:44am:  I hear tires skid out the back and really can't sleep because my back is KILLING me, so I get up.
  • 4:50am:  I grab the laptop and work on finishing this entry!  It's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment