Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 4: Day 28, Saturday


Day 28:  Bunkbed Tent
  • 4:44am:  I am up because of my back, and sitting on the couch working on my updates.
  • 7:05am:  Jason up out of bed and making coffee.
  • 7:30am:  Kids up and getting breakfast, I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee.  Jason and I discussing whether or not to exchange my Nook Tablet, just because it's acting kind of weird.  We decide I should, just because I've had it for a few weeks.
  • 8:15am:  Libby polishing her nails for her birthday party today, and I'm helping Maison with his math.
  • 8:30am:  Confessions from last night unfold.  Apparently Jason let the kids slide down the stairs on the crib mattress as long as they promised not to do it while I was around!  Found out my folks came over last night and shared stories about how I used to slide down the stairs in my sleeping bag, which I totally denied!  (Actually my brother and I used to jump down the stairs onto the beanbag chairs, until they exploded one night!)
  • 9:00am:  Homework done for now.  Jason, Izzy, and I get done so we can take the loft over to Papa, take Papa's truck back, get our van, and exchange the Nook.  Maison and Libby decide to stay home.  Head out and fill truck with gas.
  • 9:30am:  Arrive at Papa's.  Go in and chat for a minute.
  • 9:45am:  In the van and heading down to Barnes and Noble with Jason and Izzy.  Jason calls home to check on the kids.
  • 10:00am:  Arrive at Barnes and Noble and exchange the Nook for a new one.  No questions asked!  AWESOME!
  • 10:30am:  Head over to Wally to pick up a few things I can't or don't like to buy at Fareway, like toilet paper, and personal products.
  • 11:30am:  Hit McDonald's drive thru for the kids and Jason.  I breakdown and get an eggnog shake and fries.  I feel like I deserve it since my back is KILLING me!
  • 12:00pm:  Arrive home and everyone chowing down on Donald's.  I start slowly putting things away!  Turn on the Cyclone basketball game.
  • 1:20pm:  Jason takes Libby to her birthday party.  I continue to lay in bed, hoping my back will be better soon!  I think I fall in and out of sleep.
  • 3:00pm:  Jason picks Libby up from her party.  Libby goes in and takes a nap and Izzy just pretends.
  • 4:00pm:  I head out with Maison to buy him a new book that he really wants.  We secretly stalk a girl that has the one and only copy of the book.  As soon as she puts it down, we snatch it up and run for the registers.  Didn't want her to change her mind!
  • 5:30pm:  Head into the liquor store to pick up items for my week 5 theme.
  • 5:45pm:  Head into Fareway and pick up some things for our family movie night.
  • 6:15pm:  Arrive home.  Get groceries put away.  Everyone in their relaxation clothes and dinner is carried downstairs.
    • Bagel bites (for the kids)
    • Pulled Pork sandwiches
    • Coleslaw
    • 6 Bean salad
    • Chips
    • Salsa
    • Fresh fruit
  • 7:00pm:  We put in Real Steel.
  • 10:35pm:  Real Steel over.  Man, that was an AWESOME movie!  Clean up basement and get everyone into bed.
  • 11:15pm:  Internet down and Jason goes downstairs and resets the router instead of the modem, so I  proceed to figure out how to secure our network.
  • 1:15am:  Seriously frustrated because I think the router is just not what it should be anymore.  It's 8 years old, and for technology, I think it has well out-lived its life expectancy!
  • 1:30am:  Warming up heating pad and heading to bed!  I hope my back is better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment